Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Always, All-ways

I will let you roll off my back
like so many soiled dreams
before
I do not need anything you offer
whether liquid-filled paper cups
or 15 second sound bytes
I refuse to feed the hunger
knowing too well
phantom pains and lies.
Emptiness is less palatible
but much easier to swallow
than saccharine half truths
told under a paper moon
I will give up this hunger,
without sacrificing thoughts of you~
who taught me how to feel,
every ounce of blood I shed,
every bitter tear of defeat,
every breath of agony.
How could I possibly forget you,
who taught me to dream
in
technicolor
of
tangerine lips
wildflower honey
independence
these
nothern light
dreams
of aborted songs
and perfected touch
You,
who told me
cages have keys
bars fade with memory
tomorrow is only sky,
and the wind can reach the ocean
but not in stillness.
I can starve off this hunger,
but never thoughts of you,
who above all else
taught me that
always,
all-ways,
there is love.
Inside of you
and surrounding you
whether you can feel it
or not.
There is love.

(this meesage is for you as much as me.)

No comments: